August 2014 Career Conference Results
Congratulations to all of the August Career Conference candidates and their spouses and support team members on a great conference and taking their first steps towards a career in Corporate America. It was a very busy and productive Career Conference with over 700 interviews conducted in 48 hours and an average of 12.9 interviews per candidate. The group as a whole achieved a 62+% pursuit rate. The pursuit rate is defined as the number of interviews in which the candidates achieved success divided by the total number of their interviews. Achieving success in an interview at the Career Conference simply means the companies expressed interest in moving forward in the interview process with the candidate. So, for this Conference, the August Candidates converted just over 8 of those 12.8 interviews into a successful interview.
Similar to our June Career Conference, there were 35 distinct companies attended but several companies had multiple divisions attend and there was an average of nearly 2 openings per candidate. The size of the companies attending our June Career Conference varied from several smaller privately held companies to some of the largest companies on the most recent FORTUNE 500 list. Industries represented included Oil & Gas, Medical Device, Financial, Consulting, Consumer Goods, High Technology, Healthcare, and more.
Some of the various locations represented included New York City, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Houston, Dallas, Salt Lake City, Philadelphia, Orlando, Baton Rouge, Chicago, Boston, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Indianapolis, Wichita, and many more. The list of client companies at the August Conference included the following:
- Founded in 1876 by a pharmaceutical chemist, this company has established itself as a global, research-based pharmaceutical company for the past 132 years. Their products are marketed in 125 countries. Among other specialties, this company was the first company to mass-produce penicillin, as well as one of the first pharmaceutical companies to produce human insulin using recombinant DNA. Today the company is the world’s largest manufacturer and distributor of psychiatric medications used in a broad range of psychiatric and mental health-related conditions, including clinical depression, anxiety disorders, narcotic addiction, insomnia, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and others. They have attended several conferences was their first conference with Cameron-Brooks and they attended looking for engineering leadership positions.
- The leading provider of corporate identity uniform programs and is the largest uniform rental company in the United States. This company provides highly specialized products and services to businesses of all types primarily through North America, as well as Latin America, Europe, and Asia. Their products and services are designed to enhance their customers’ images and brand identification, as well as provide a safe and efficient workplace. They have been named as one of FORTUNE magazine’s “America’s Most Admired Companies” for 12 consecutive years and recently Forbes rated them as one of “America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies.” They have been a Cameron-Brooks client for many years and attended the August Conference recruiting for future general managers.
- A mainstay of the FORTUNE Global 500 list, they are a leading consumer packaged goods company in the world and U.S. The company enjoys a #1 or #2 leadership position in nearly every category in which it competes and is ranked #1 in 26 countries. Every day, two billion people in 190 countries choose this company’s brands to feed their families and to clean their homes. The company’s mission is to create vitality by meeting the everyday needs of people everywhere, producing delicious, nutritious foods and products that allow consumers to get the most out of life. They have attended multiple conferences hiring for team leadership and business analysis opportunities.
- A global consulting firm focused on helping companies solve problems in finance, technology, operations, governance, risk and internal audit. Through their network of offices around the world, this company has provided consulting services to more than 35% of the FORTUNE 1,000 and Global 500 companies. They also work with smaller, high growth companies including those looking to go public, as well as government agencies. They identify, source, measure, prioritize, and help clients manage business and technology risks that stand between their business and their goals. They have attended many conferences over the past years recruiting for various consulting positions.
- A FORTUNE 500 company and leading innovator of medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. Every minute, 35 patients are treated using their products and technologies. These innovative solutions are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions, including heart, digestive, pulmonary, vascular, urological, women’s health, and chronic pain conditions. With 26 manufacturing, distribution, and technology centers worldwide, this company delivers more than 13,000 products to customers in 45 different countries. The attended the August Conference recruiting for business analysis, manufacturing, and sales positions.
- Established in 1933, this company has become the world’s largest family-owned winery and the foremost winery in the art of grape growing, winemaking, distribution and marketing of wines. With ten wineries strategically located in wine regions in both California and Washington and access to grapes from vineyards in all of the premier grape-growing areas of both states, this company produces wines in every category, to suit every taste. This company has led the way developing and refining new environmentally friendly practices such as minimizing the use of synthetic chemicals, fertilizers and pesticides, recycling and reusing processed water, creating new wetlands and protecting existing riparian habitats. The company ranks among the world’s most award-winning wineries including being named “2012 Winery of the Year.” They have been a long standing client of Cameron-Brooks and attended the August Conference recruiting for team leadership positions.
Now, lots of work to be done in the follow-up process which will take place the next three weeks as candidates will travel across the country and get the opportunity to interview with companies on site. We are excited to partner with such outstanding men and women serving our nation!