Interested in Subscribing to our blog?
January 2017 Career Conference Results
The first Career Conference of 2017 is now complete and we are full throttle into the follow-up process with candidates traveling to visit companies for second interviews as early as this next week. All of the candidates worked very hard these past several days at the Conference and we want to give a big congratulations to all of the January Career Conference candidates and their spouses and support team members on a lot of hard work that paid big dividends as they begin their career search in Corporate America. In two days, over 680 interviews were conducted with an average of 12.2 interviews and a pursuit rate of nearly 63%. The pursuit rate is defined as the number of interviews in which the candidates achieved success divided by the total number of their interviews. Achieving success in an interview at the Career Conference simply means the companies expressed interest in moving forward in the interview process with the candidate. So, for this Conference, the candidates converted just above 7.6 of those 12.2 interviews into a successful interview.
There were 40 distinct companies attended but several companies had multiple divisions attend. Additionally, there were several new companies attending in addition to some long standing Cameron-Brooks client companies. The size of the companies attending varied from several smaller privately held companies to some of the largest companies on the most recent FORTUNE 500 list.
Some of the client companies represented at the January Career Conference included the following:
- One of the largest privately held companies in the world and an International brand leader in grocery retailing with more than 10,000 stores in 18 countries with revenues exceeding $50 billion. The company opened its first store in 1946 and pioneered the limited assortment grocery industry. Their business model is centered around providing customers high quality, cost-effective products that they buy regularly. They attended the Conference recruiting for general management positions.
- For over 160 years, this company has developed life-changing innovations including the glass for Edison’s light bulb, ultra-thin glass for active maxtrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs), ceramic substrates for diesel and automotive emissions control, the first commercially viable low-loss fiber for use in telecommunications, etc. They are a global company with advanced research centers and the leading manufacturer of optical fiber and cable systems for the telecommunications industry, high performance glass for television and information display applications, and advanced materials for the scientific, semiconductor, and environmental industries. Several divisions of this company attended this Conference hiring for a variety of engineering and manufacturing team leadership positions.
- A FORTUNE 500 company and one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with their customers, they are driven to make healthcare better. They offer a diverse array of innovative products and services in orthopedics, medical and surgical, neurotechnology and spine, which helps improve patient and hospital outcomes. Seventy-five years of innovation have led this company to deliver over 60,000 products in over 100 countries around the globe. They attended the Conference recruiting for engineering and finance positions.
- A ~90 year old privately held company and a leading equipment and service provider for the electric utility, telecommunications, and contractor markets. The company provides products and services in over 100 countries throughout the world and their success is based on high values that have helped them earn the trust and confidence of their customers worldwide. The company offers the most complete line of equipment in the industry and includes aerial vehicles (telescoping, articulating, etc), cable handling equipment, digger derricks, etc. They attended the Conference recruiting for a variety of positions in sales, manufacturing, IT, and engineering.
- The largest publicly traded international oil and gas company that utilizes technology and innovation to help meet the world’s growing energy needs. The company holds an industry-leading inventory of resources and are one of the world’s largest integrated refiners, marketers of petroleum products and chemical manufacturers. They are the industry leader in each of their core businesses with an unmatched portfolio of proprietary technologies aimed at world-class scale and efficiency. This company has been recruiting from Cameron-Brooks for decades and attended this Conference recruiting for engineering project management positions.
- As America’s Un-carrier, this company is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. It is the fastest growing wireless company in the U.S. based on consumer growth in 2015. For the past three years this company was the recipient of the J.D. Power Award for “Highest Ranked Customer Service Performance Among Full Service Wireless Providers.” They attended the Career Conference recruiting for Corporate Strategy Analyst positions.
- A 30+ year old company offering industry-leading technology that simplifies building automation. They specialize in the design and manufacture of energy management solutions for all types of buildings, making them smarter, more efficient, and more comfortable. Their innovative solutions allow building operators to optimize and manage all of their building systems – including HVAC, lighting, fire, access, video, electrical, elevators, and security – all within a single platform. This company is part of United Technologies, a $54 billion global high tech solutions company. They attended the conference recruiting for project management roles.
- And many more……….
Additionally, check out some testimonials from the January Conference candidates sharing their experiences:
And you can find additional videos on the Cameron-Brooks YouTube page: