Interested in Subscribing to our blog?
August 2019 Career Conference Results
Everyone has traveled back home safely from Chicago to their respective bases, posts, and cities and the fourth Career Conference has now officially concluded. Yet, much work remains in the follow-up process! Our candidates and client companies will have a busy schedule these upcoming weeks, filled with follow up interviews.
We had 37 candidates along with 11 spouses and/or support team members attend the August Career Conference. The candidates conducted over 510 interviews with a whopping average of 13.8 interviews per candidate!! The pursuit rate for this conference was 64%, which is defined as the number of interviews in which the candidates achieved success divided by the total number of their interviews. “Achieving success” in an interview at the Career Conference simply means the companies expressed interest in moving forward in the interview process with the candidate. So, for this Conference, the candidates converted 8.8 of those 13.8 interviews into a successful interview.
There were 35 distinct companies that attended including 5 brand new client companies, and many companies had multiple divisions attend. Additionally, there were 27 Cameron-Brooks alumni in attendance recruiting on behalf of their companies, and the vast majority of the recruiters who attended were hiring managers and/or decision-makers in the hiring process, ranging from President of the Company to Chief Information Officer, Senior Vice President Logistics, Vice President Engineering, etc. For more of an inside look at the Conference, check out our YouTube Channel.
A sample of the client companies represented at the August 2019 Career Conference included the following:
- A leading global management consulting firm with 60 offices in more than 40 countries. Since 1926, they have been trusted advisors to the world’s foremost organizations. The company is a partner‐owned firm, committed to helping clients achieve immediate impact and growing advantage in their mission‐critical issues. They have a team of people with broad industry experience and staff client teams with the best skills for each project. They have a distinctive, collegial culture that transcends organizational and geographic boundaries. They have a passion for doing innovative client work and promise clients and employees alike immediate impact and growing advantage. Their services include Analytics, Cost Transformation, Digital Transformation, Global Policy, Leadership, Change and Organization, Procurement, Strategy and Top‐Line Transformation, and Supply Chain. The company attended the Conference recruiting for consultant positions.
- One of the world’s largest and most respected food and beverage companies with 2018 revenues exceeding $64.6 billion (54% food products, 46% beverages). The company has a portfolio of over 200 brands with products sold in more than 200 countries and territories. And, 22 of their brands generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales. They are proud of their global leadership. The company ranks #48 on this year’s FORTUNE 500 and has received many awards for their excellent work environment to include FORTUNE’s “Most Respected Companies,” and “Top Employers for Minorities.” They attended the Conference recruiting for sales and team leadership positions.
- One of the most comprehensive and widely recommended strategic fundraising management and consulting firms in the world. Established in 1947, they partner with non‐profits for transformational change, raising funds for strategic objectives and strengthening organizations for the future. With a perspective and presence that span philanthropic sectors and the globe, the company works closely with clients to effectively plan, manage, and implement programs that achieve fundraising goals and mission impact. They are experts in strategic planning, research, development, planned giving, and on‐the‐ground campaign support. They have counseled leading colleges and universities, national and international charities, leading hospitals and academic medical centers, top secondary independent schools and boarding schools, religious bodies, civic and human services organizations, and cultural institutions in pioneering fundraising efforts. They attended the August 2019 Career Conference recruiting for consultant positions.
- Established in 1921, this multinational corporation is a diversified manufacturer of industrial‐use products and services to include construction, mining and military equipment. Worldwide, the company consists of 182 companies (146 consolidated subsidiaries and 35 companies accounted for by the equity method). While remaining an international leader in the field of construction and mining equipment (hydraulic excavators, wheel loaders, bulldozers, dump trucks, mobile crushers, etc.) the company engages in other business, such as industrial machinery and vehicles, logistics, electronics and other solutions‐based operations, as well as industrial equipment like metal forging and press machines, excimer lasers and diesel engine and thermoelectric generators. The subsidiary that attended the Conference is a worldwide leader in high‐productivity mining solutions and manufactures and markets original equipment and aftermarket products and services for both the above‐ground and underground mining industries. They attended the Conference recruiting for business analysis and supply chain positions.
- This building materials company creates glass for buildings of the future. They are the largest provider of high-performance glazing products and services in North America and one of the leading integrated suppliers of products specified to close the building envelope, an architectural term for the physical separator between the interior and exterior environments of a building. they supply products and services that go well beyond the definition of a traditional glass fabricator including custom‐engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights, architectural and structural glass. Additionally, they produce products with specific applications to include thermal optimization, blast mitigation, hurricane resistance, etc. They are part of an International leading global diversified building materials group employing over 85,000 people and operating in 32 countries worldwide ranked #397 on the 2018 FORTUNE Global 500 list with revenues of approximately $30.8 billion. They attended the Conference recruiting for manufacturing team leadership positions.
- This company makes the world safer, healthier and more productive by deploying innovation to protect electronics in the harshest environments. The company was founded in 1959 and has long been the global leader in the design and manufacture of custom air filters and EMI shielding products used to protect commercial equipment and electronics
enclosures. The Company is a valuable partner to global Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) serving many of the most dynamic and innovative industries in the world such as communications, computer networking, medical, power generation, and industrial machinery end markets. Engineering design support and quick‐turn, custom prototypes are provided to engineer prospects and customers operating under ambitious product development cycles. Their filters are engineered to address the challenges of thermal management, dust contamination, airflow control, fire safety, EMI shielding, and size limitations in crowded electronic enclosures. They attended the Conference recruiting for engineering project management positions.
- The global technology leader in the rapidly emerging field of robotic-assisted, minimally invasive surgery. This company develops, manufactures and markets robotic technologies designed to improve clinical outcomes and help patients return more quickly to active and productive lives. The company’s mission is to extend the benefits of minimally invasive surgery to the broadest possible base of patients. Their flagship product is the da Vinci® Surgical System, which is a sophisticated robotic platform designed to enable complex surgery using a minimally invasive approach. Surgical applications include gynecologic surgery, urologic surgery, general surgery (hernia repair, colorectal surgery, cholecystectomy, bariatric surgery), cardiothoracic surgery, and head and neck surgery. They attended the Conference recruiting for sales positions.
- One of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with their customers, they are driven to make healthcare better. The company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical & Surgical, and Neurotechnology & Spine, which helps improve patient and hospital outcomes. Seventy-five years of innovation has led this company to deliver 60,000+ products in 100+ countries around the world. Today, the company owns 6,560+ patents worldwide, allowing them to consistently deliver life-enhancing and life-saving products that help drive improved outcomes, as well as cost savings and efficiencies. FORTUNE Magazine recognizes them as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” and as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” for the 9th consecutive year. They attended the Conference recruiting for a multitude of engineering and IT project management positions.
If you are interested in exploring your options and seeing how Cameron-Brooks could assist you in your career search just like our August 2019 Career Conference candidates, check out our website and upcoming base visit schedule.