April 2011 Career Conference Results
We completed the April 2011 Career Conference this past week. 53 candidates and 16 spouses and support team members attended the Conference. The candidates interviewed with an average of 12.4 companies. The entire Cameron-Brooks team congratulates the April Conference candidates on a major step in their transitions.
Because we recognize all of our candidates are unique and there are a vast number of ways to start a career in the business world, Cameron-Brooks accordingly represents a wide variety of industries, companies and positions. We believe in conducting a quality career search that starts with great opportunities, companies and growth potential to allow a candidate to make a good career decision. A wide array of companies attended the April Conference, allowing our candidates to evaluate all of their options.
The size of the companies ranged from a company with 150+ employees to one with 2 million+ employees. Privately held and family owned companies attended as well as some of the largest companies on the Fortune 500 list. Additionally, we are very fortunate to have thousands of alumni working in key leadership roles in Corporate America, and these alumni bring their organizations back time and again to Cameron-Brooks Conferences to hire high potential candidates. In fact, we had 26 alumni attend and recruit for their company at the April conference.
Industries included global consulting services, biopharmaceutical manufacturing, building materials, logistics, consumer products, telecommunications manufacturing, commercial landscaping, HVAC, investment banking, high-tech, medical device, oil and gas exploration and production, financial advisory services, engineered industrial products, risk consulting, and industrial gases and delivery systems.
Job titles included Lean Champion/Blackbelt, Field Product Support Manager, Marketing Product Manager, Manufacturing Engineer, Business Manager, Procurement and Material Manager, TPM Deployment Project Leader, Process Engineer, Sales Support Representative, Senior Buyer Planner, Project Controls Specialist, Project Engineer, Senior Consultant, Clinical Sales Representative, Zone Sales Leader Designate, Mechanical Process Engineer, Internal Audit Associate, APAC Training Manager, Associate Brand Manager, Transport Manager, Operations Manager, Logistics Project Manager, Control Systems Engineer, Corporate Finance, Plant Manager, Financial Analyst, Project Manager, and Distribution Operations Manager,
Some of the companies at the conference include:
- A world leader in the design and development of cardiovascular medical products. This company’s devices help patients with heart disease return to active and productive lives and provide physicians with leading-edge technologies for improved patient management and clinical outcomes. This company views Cameron-Brooks as a proven and trusted resource of talent and we have placed many JMOs over the years and all are accomplishing great things.
- A world-class financial advisory services company to both public and private companies focusing on 3 main areas: sourcing debt (Capital Advisory), managing currency and interest rate risk, and defeasance. The company uses a comprehensive/consultative approach, offering end-to-end management on all aspects of the financial risk and hedging process from analysis to accounting to transaction execution to documentation. This company has been to many Cameron-Brooks conferences and has had great success with JMOs.
- A global material supplier to the lithium battery industry that develops and markets the highly engineered membrane separators used for leading-edge portable power applications to include Electric Device Vehicles (EDV). They are investing $2-3B in both expansion and Greenfield efforts of their manufacturing facilities in the Southeast. They have attended the last two conferences looking to find top leadership talent through JMO’s to help their expansion and growth efforts.
- One of the world’s leading innovative technology companies that has a proud history of enriching people’s lives through research and technological innovation. For over 150 years, this company has developed life-changing innovations including the glass for Edison’s light bulb, ultra-thin glass for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs), ceramic substrates for diesel and automotive emissions control, and the first commercially viable, low-loss fiber for use in telecommunications. This company is a long-time client of Cameron-Brooks and its various divisions regularly attend conferences to find top leadership talent.
- A Global Fortune 500 company and one of the world’s leading building products and materials companies based in Dublin, Ireland. The company produces products that range from aggregates to masonry products found in residential patios and landscaping to providing the entire suite of products found in the exterior structure of commercial buildings. The company came to Cameron-Brooks looking to find top leadership for plant manager positions with the intent to develop them into General Managers responsible for running an entire operation to include financial profit and loss, manufacturing, sales, safety, etc.
To learn more about the Conference experience, I’ve included a couple of videos from candidates who attended the conference. You can see more videos like this by visiting us on our YouTube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCameronBrooks and our Facebook site – http://tinyurl.com/dfqoq4