Interested in Subscribing to our blog?
The Power of the Cameron-Brooks Network & The January 2019 Career Conference Results
The first Career Conference of 2019 is now in the books! For our January Career Conference, we had 59 candidates along with 20 spouses and/or support team members in attendance. The candidates conducted over 780 interviews with an average of 13.0 interviews per candidate. The pursuit rate for the January Career Conference was ~62+%, which is defined as the number of interviews in which the candidates achieved success divided by the total number of interviews. Achieving success in an interview at the Career Conference simply means the companies expressed interest in moving forward in the interview process with the candidate. So, for the January Conference, our candidates converted 8.1 of those 13 interviews into a successful interview. There were 41 distinct companies who attended, many with multiple divisions. Aside from the above statistics, the real story of this Career Conference was the Cameron-Brooks alumni who attended on behalf of their companies to recruit and hire Cameron-Brooks JMOs.
There were 39 alumni in attendance, all recruiting for top developmental candidate positions. Some were returning in as little as 3 months from being hired by their company to help recruit, while others we helped transition to Corporate America over 25 years ago! I believe it is always a great testament, and maybe the best one illustrations of all, to show how a partnership with Cameron-Brooks combined with top JMO talent can be to help someone conduct a true career search and establish a strong business career!
Some of the alumni in attendance were:
- The CEO and Senior VP of Logistics for the world’s largest manufacturer and distributor of single use food packaging and food service products, supplying food processors, packers, supermarkets, restaurants, universities, corporate dining facilities and food service retailers across North America.
- A Founding Partner of a premier global management consulting firm dedicated to helping leading companies understand and leverage technology to improve business results.
- The Senior Vice President of Equipment, Maintenance & Procurement one of North America’s largest truckload freight transportation providers for dedicated, expedited, long-haul, regional, local, refrigerated, and intermodal transportation services across the NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) region.
- The U.S. President for a leading advertising firm whose current clients include American Express, United Airlines, Subway, Northrop Grumman, Intel, Chevron, Disney, Hershey’s, Verizon, Microsoft and Clorox.
- A Vice President for a world-leading provides facilities services to over 120 customers encompassing 11,000 locations nationwide. From commercial office space to manufacturing, from retail portfolios to 24/7/365 mission critical facilities, this Facilities Services company manages and supports over one billion square feet of facilities space for the nation’s leading organizations.
- The Vice President and General Manager for a recognized leader in Chemical Imaging Technology used in the Healthcare, Forensics and Defense & Security/Law Enforcement industries. The company’s imaging technology combines molecular spectroscopy and digital imaging to provide detailed material composition and structure that can be used by many industries to solve challenging problems.
- The Head of Project Execution for a leading global producer and marketer of over 20,000 different types of gas products across 250 different manufacturing facilities for applications in a large and diverse number of industries to include automotive, agriculture, chemicals, electronics, energy, glass, healthcare, pharmaceutical, steel, food, packaging, semiconductor, water treatment and more.
- The Director, Product Line Management Staff & Process Excellence for a company that invented the world’s first low-loss optical fiber in 1970 and today has become a world leading provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.
- And more…….
I share this information for a couple of reasons – first to help illustrate how a broad career search with Cameron-Brooks can help a non-traditional candidate like a JMO truly launch a career and find long-term success in the business world. The individuals above are but a small sampling of this. Second, to illustrate that a Cameron-Brooks Career Conference is no job fair! You won’t find a single booth filled with talent acquisition folks handing out swag with company logos and conducting meet & greets. The 13 interviews at the January Career Conference had all been matched to each candidate’s background and interests, and the majority of the recruiters were hiring managers, or in some cases, company leaders! The reason the alumni often come back to recruit is because they are a product of this process and they are excited about finding top JMO talent. Our alumni want to give back, and they know they can find top leadership talent through Cameron-Brooks to help their organizations grow their leadership pipeline.
If you’re a JMO curious to learn more about your options in business, you can read more about the Cameron-Brooks process here.
If you’re an alumni looking to stay connected, please reach out!