Interested in Subscribing to our blog?
November 2020 Career Conference – Some Positive Trends
On Friday, we will kick off our fifth and final Career Conference of 2020! If you are keeping score at home, this will make one Conference this year before the pandemic (January) and the November Career Conference will mark our 4th virtual Career Conference during the pandemic. It has certainly been a year that will not soon be forgotten but like with all things that create adversity, it can also create opportunity.
As a company we have had to learn how to run virtual conferences, sharpen our business practices and processes to navigate this “new normal” and it has made us a better JMO recruiting firm. The JMOs who have transitioned this year and those that will attend this upcoming Conference have also had to persevere, work even harder in their preparation, and ensure their transition strategy is in alignment with the current market. This is not an easy thing to do by any means and all of us at Cameron-Brooks applaud their efforts and we are proud to be their partner!
As we look at the trends of this year, here is a quick snapshot of the average number of interviews in 2020:
- January Career Conference: 13.2
- April Career Conference: 7.5
- June Career Conference: 8.1
- August Career Conference: 9.8
- November Career Conference: 11.4
While we are not back to 2019 and pre-pandemic numbers, the trend is very positive with a 52% increase in interviews from the first “pandemic Conference” in April to the current Conference. It demonstrates that regardless of the economy, good companies value good leaders and will always continue to hire top talent. So, what do the numbers not show? The bar is higher today.
Companies expect more. And since the JMO is considered a non-traditional hire to business, the preparation has to match! The keys to success are being well prepared and adopting a great attitude with regards to considering all of your options (industry, career fields, location, etc). As Roger Cameron always said, “You must interview with the economy in mind!”
We have a great lineup of companies and opportunities attending the virtual November Career Conference with over 35 hiring groups and 27 distinct companies! What may be even more impressive than the number of companies and interviews for this Career Conference are the breadth and depth of the opportunities. Here is a quick sampling of what we have in store for the November Candidates:
Sample Industries Include:
Corporate Finance; Packaging; Logistics/Transportation; Consumer Services; Medical Device; Pharmaceutical; Industrial/Construction; Consulting; Executive Recruiting; High Technology; Alternative Energy; and many more.
Sample Companies Include:
- A medical device company working on neuromodulation products designed to treat depression in patients.
- The leading C-level retained search firm in the world.
- The largest wind producer and one of the largest solar producers in the United States.
- One of the leading consulting firms focused on helping companies with business continuity and risk management.
- One of the top contract biopharmaceutical companies providing drug delivery and packaging technologies and biologic development to the leading drug development companies.
- A 170 year-old technology company with unparalleled expertise in glass science, ceramic science, and optical physics.
- A leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of medical devices for interventional medical specialties around the globe.
Sample Positions Include:
Applications Engineer; Production Manager; Engineering Supervisor; Sales Manager; Production Planner; Product Marketing Manager; Fast Track Associate Sales Representative; Pricing Manager; Trial Neuromodulation Consultant; Service Manager; Business Development Project Manager; Operations Manager; and many more.
Sample Locations Include:
Boston, MA; Cleveland, OH; Atlanta, GA; Minneapolis, MN; Charlotte, NC; Phoenix, AZ; Indianapolis, IN; Santa Clara, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Houston, TX; Las Vegas, NV; Miami, FL; Seattle, WA; Chicago, IL; Orange County, CA; and many more.
Finally, check out our podcast on your podcast app or by clicking here. On the podcast, we interview Cameron-Brooks alumni who are making an impact in the business world. We feature alumni from different military backgrounds who launch their careers in variety of roles across companies and industries. As of this blog post, we have published our 108th podcast episode!
Stay tuned until next week. I’ll be back to post the results of the final 2020 Cameron-Brooks Career Conference!