Interested in Subscribing to our blog?
June 2014 Career Conference Results
We just completed the June 2014 Career Conference Tuesday and we already have candidates traveling to conduct follow up interviews today! Busy times are ahead indeed. It was a very busy and productive Career Conference with an average of 12.8 interviews per candidate and over 700 interviews conducted in two days. The group as a whole achieved a nearly 64% pursuit rate. The pursuit rate is defined as the number of interviews in which the candidates achieved success divided by the total number of their interviews. Achieving success in an interview at the Career Conference simply means the companies expressed interest in moving forward in the interview process with the candidate. So, for this Conference, the June Candidates converted just over 8 of those 12.8 interviews into a successful interview, and all of the candidates have multiple companies pursuing them in the follow-up interview process.
Over 35 distinct companies attended but several companies had multiple divisions attend and there was an average of nearly 2 openings per candidate. The size of the companies attending our June Career Conference varied from several companies with 100+ employees to the #1 company on the most recent FORTUNE 500 list. Industries represented included Oil & Gas, Medical Device, Financial, Consulting, Consumer Goods, Logistics, Healthcare, Construction, Building Products, Facilities Services, and more.
Some of the various locations represented included Atlanta, Minneapolis, Houston, Dallas, Cincinnati, Salt Lake City, Philadelphia, Tampa, New York City, Baton Rouge, Chicago, Denver, Boston, Charlotte, Los Angeles, and many more. The list of client companies at the June Conference included the following:
- The largest self-storage company in the United States. Founded in 1972, this company operates over 2,200 company-owned storage facilities in the U.S. and Europe, totaling more than 142 million rentable square feet of real estate. The company’s brand is the most recognized and established names in the self-storage industry in the U.S. due to their highly visible facilities in high population cities and their distinct range-colored doors and signage. They attended the June Conference recruiting for several leadership/General Management roles.
- The top energy company in the world, helping supply the energy needs of society. Most people know this company best as the supplier of fuel and lubrication products at their 44,000 local filling stations that sell 40 billion gallons of gas each year around the globe. They have one of the most recognizable brand names and the company has other diverse upstream and downstream oil and gas operations. They have attended many Cameron-Brooks Conferences recruiting for various engineering and procurement/logistics development roles.
- This company provides industry-focused assurance, tax, and advisory services to enhance the value of their clients. More than 180,000 people in 157 countries in firms across this company’s network share their thinking, experience, and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice to leading businesses. In 2013, this firm provided services to 421 companies on the FORTUNE Global 500 list. This company is in the top 10 of Forbes Private 500 and attended the June Conference recruiting for a variety of consulting positions.
- A leading innovator of medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. Every minute, 35 patients are treated using this company’s products and technologies. These innovative solutions are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions including heart, digestive, pulmonary, vascular, urological, women’s health, and chronic pain conditions. They attended the June Career Conference recruiting for sales and business analysis opportunities.
- A world leading developer and supplier in automotive safety. With a business dating back to the turn of the twentieth century, this FORTUNE 500 company produces products that include integrated vehicle control and driver assist systems, braking systems, steering systems, suspensions systems, occupant safety systems, electronics, engine components, etc. They are a primary “tier 1” original equipment supplier with nearly 85% of its end-customer sales made to automobile OEMs. They have attended many Conferences in the past couple of years recruiting for a variety of manufacturing and engineering roles.
Congratulations to all of the June Career Conference candidates and their families for taking the first step towards entering Corporate America and beginning the next chapter of their professional careers!