Interested in Subscribing to our blog?
June 2013 Career Conference Results
We just completed the June 2013 Career Conference and the Cameron-Brooks team and the candidates and their support team members have all returned home to their respective bases and posts. We are now busy preparing for the interview process. 43 candidates and 16 spouses and support team members attended the Conference, and all candidates have multiple companies pursuing them into the follow-up process. The candidates interviewed with an average of almost 13 companies and averaged over 8 companies pursuing them for nearly a 70% pursuit rate. This is one of the highest pursuit rates we have seen in recent years and it’s representative of all of the hard work and preparation from the June Career Conference candidates.
At the June Career Conference, 31 distinct companies that attended but several companies had multiple divisions attend and there was an average of nearly 2 openings per candidate. The size of the companies attending the June Career Conference varied from companies with 100+ employees to a company with over 240,000 employees worldwide. There were privately held companies represented, as well as some of the largest companies on the FORTUNE 500 list. Industries included Oil & Gas Exploration and Refining, Medical Device, Consulting, Health Care, Banking, Industrial, Consumer Products, and more.
Some of the various locations represented included New York City, Houston, Washington DC, Nashville, Denver, Saint Louis, Saint Paul, MN, Philadelphia, Austin, Dallas, Orlando, Spokane, Cincinnati, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Wilmington, DE, Atlanta, Boston, and many more. The list of client companies at the June Conference included the following:
- A global leader in electrical and mechanical construction, energy infrastructure, and facilities services. The company gives life to new buildings and sustains life in existing ones by planning, installing, operating, and maintaining the complex systems that create facility environments (such as electrical, mechanical, lighting, air conditioning, heating, security, fire protection, data communications, and power generation systems) in virtually every sector of the economy around the world. They have attended multiple Career Conferences looking to hire development talent for a JMO leadership program.
- A FORTUNE 100 company and the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. Founded in 1968, they own and operate 162 hospitals, 110+ free-standing surgical centers and 129 other ambulatory centers throughout the U.S. and United Kingdom, and provides 4-5% of all inpatient care delivered in the United States. The company is well positioned in a number of large and growing markets that will generate long-term, attractive growth through the expansion of their presence in these markets. They attended the Career Conference recruiting for various leadership roles in their Information Technology and Services group.
- One of the oldest financial institutions in the United States and a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. Divided into consumer and commercial banking businesses, the consumer banking portion includes branch, ATM, telephone and online banking, credit cards, small businesses, home finance and home equity loans, etc. where the commercial banking portion includes middle market, corporate client banking, commercial real estate, equipment finance, commercial term lending, and community development. They attended the Career Conference recruiting for a JMO development program specifically for C-B candidates as a bolt on to their MBA leadership program.
- A mainstay of the FORTUNE Global 500 list, they are a leading consumer packaged goods company in the world and U.S. The company enjoys a #1 or #2 leadership position in nearly every category in which it competes. Every day, over 160 million people in 180 countries choose this company’s brands to feed their families and to clean their homes. The company’s mission is to create vitality by meeting the everyday needs of people everywhere, producing delicious, nutritious foods and products that allow consumers to get the most out of life. They have attended multiple conferences hiring for team leadership and business analysis opportunities.
- A global manufacturer and marketer of high-quality foods and simple meals, including soups and sauces, baked snacks, and healthy beverages. Their products are sold in more than 100 countries with 26+ worldwide brands, 20+ market-leading brands, and their soup business has 80%+ market penetration and the #1 market share. They attended the conference recruiting for business analysis positions.
All of us at Cameron-Brooks offer our congratulations to the candidates on taking their first steps towards their new career in Corporate America.