Interested in Subscribing to our blog?
January 2013 Career Conference Results
We just completed our first Career Conference of 2013. 52 candidates and 16 spouses and support team members attended the Conference, and all candidates have companies pursuing them into the follow-up process. The candidates interviewed with an average of 12 companies and averaged 7 companies pursuing them for a 59% pursuit rate. The entire Cameron-Brooks Team would like to congratulate the January Career Conference candidates on taking their first step towards a new career in Corporate America.
At the January Career Conference, 28 distinct companies that attended but several companies had multiple divisions attend and there were more openings than candidates. The size of the companies attending our January Career Conference varied from several companies with 35+ employees to a company with over 2 million employees worldwide. There were privately held companies represented, as well as some of the largest companies on the FORTUNE 500 list. Industries included Oil & Gas Exploration, Medical Device, Consulting, Construction and Building Products, Industrial, Information Technology, Alternative Energy, Consumer Products, Logistics, and more.
Some of the various locations represented included New York, Los Angeles, Houston, Boston, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, Chicago, Miami, West Palm Beach, FL, New Orleans, Birmingham, AL, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Salt Lake City, and more.
The list of client companies at the January Conference included the following:
- A $31B top 10 Forbes Private 500 company and a world wide leader in providing industry-focused assurance, tax, and advisory services to enhance value for their clients. With more than 180,000 employees in 150 countries in offices across the world, this company utilizes it global network to share their thinking, experience, and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice to leading businesses. They have been a client of Cameron-Brooks for many years and recently attended the January Conference recruiting for senior consultant positions within a new group led by one of our alumni.
- One of the world’s premier petroleum and petrochemical companies, ranked #1 in the United States and globally. They are the industry leader in each of their core businesses with an unmatched portfolio of proprietary technologies aimed at world-class scale and efficiency. The company conducts business in almost 200 countries and territories around the globe and has proven reserves of 87 billion barrels of oil. They are one of our longest standing C-B clients and routinely attend conferences recruiting for various engineering and project management positions.
- One of the nation’s largest clean energy providers. This company is primarily a wholesale power generator, operating power plants and selling the output to utilities, retail electricity providers, power cooperatives, municipal electric providers, and large industrial companies. Nationally recognized as a leading clean energy provider, this company has a portfolio of facilities totaling more than 16,000 net megawatts of generating capacity in the United States and Canada. Approximately 95% of their electricity is derived from clean or renewable sources, including wind, solar, hydro, natural gas, and nuclear energy. This company has attended many conferences recruiting for business development project manager positions.
- Since 1992, this rapidly company is a leader in the $1 billion bioactive wound healing market, which is the fastest growing segment of the advanced wound care sector. They provide innovative technologies for the prevention and treatment of acute, chronic, and burn-related wounds, and are uniquely committed to advancing the science and innovation of wound care. Their bioactive wound healing products are designed to boost the natural healing process in patients who are prone to chronic wounds. They have attended previous conferences and this most current conference recruiting for various sales positions across the country.
- Founded in 1865 from a single grain in Iowa, this global privately held company strives to be the global leader in nourishing people. They are an international provider of food, agriculture, and risk management products and services. Their mission is to create distinctive value for their customers and their approach is to be trustworthy, creative, and enterprising. With 160,000 employees in 67 countries, this company is the largest privately held company in the U.S. If the company were public, it would be rank #18 on the FORTUNE 500. They attended the conference recruiting for various engineering project management positions.
- One of the world’s leading suppliers of fast-moving consumer goods. Every day, over 160 million people in 180 countries choose this company’s brands to feed their families and clean their homes. The company’s mission is to create vitality by meeting the everyday needs of people everywhere, producing delicious, nutritious foods and products that allow consumers to get the most out of life. The company has been a mainstay on the FORTUNE Global 500 as it enjoys a #1 or #2 leadership position in nearly every category in which it competes. The company regularly attends Career Conferences recruiting for various leadership and business analysis positions.
To learn more about the Cameron-Brooks Career Conference experience, I’ve posted several videos from candidates who attended the January 2013 Career Conference on our Facebook.