Interested in Subscribing to our blog?
August 2013 Career Conference Results
Congratulations to all of the August 2013 Career Conference candidates on taking their first steps towards their new careers in Corporate America. 46 candidates and 21 spouses and support team members attended the Conference. This was one of the largest turnouts of support team members and spouses we have had in recent years and the support and help they provided to all of the candidates was outstanding. The candidates interviewed with an average of 13 companies and averaged 8 companies pursuing them for a 61.5% pursuit rate.
At the August Career Conference, 33 distinct companies that attended but several companies had multiple divisions attend and there was an average of nearly 2 openings per candidate. The size of the companies attending the August Career Conference varied from companies with 20+ employees to a company with over 2 million employees worldwide. There were privately held companies represented, as well as some of the largest companies on the FORTUNE 500 list. Industries included Oil & Gas Exploration, Financial Services, Medical Device, Consulting, Health Care, Banking, Industrial, Consumer Products, and more.
Some of the various locations represented included New York City, Houston, Washington DC, Nashville, Saint Louis, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Kansas City, Phoenix, Tampa, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Chicago, Indianapolis, and many more. The list of client companies at the August Conference included the following:
- An international brand leader in grocery retailing with more than 9,000 stores worldwide. The company first opened their stores in 1946 and pioneered the limited assortment grocery industry. Their business model is centered around providing customers high quality, cost-effective products that they purchase regularly. With the limited assortment grocery industry growing at an estimated 15%+, the company attended the career conference to hire top performing JMOs for general management opportunities.
- Founded in 1876 by a pharmaceutical chemist, this company has established itself as a global, research-based pharmaceutical company for the past 132 years. Their products are marketed in 125 countries. Among other specialties, this company was the first company to mass-produce penicillin, as well as one of the first pharmaceutical companies to produce human insulin using recombinant DNA. Today the company is the world’s largest manufacturer and distributor of psychiatric medications used in a broad range of psychiatric and mental health-related conditions, including clinical depression, anxiety disorders, narcotic addiction, insomnia, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and others. This was their first conference with Cameron-Brooks and they attended looking for engineering leadership positions.
- With offices in over 30 countries and over 40% of their total staff based outside of the Americas, this company is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and high net-worth individuals. They run their firm in four business segments: Investment Banking, Institutional Client Services, Investing and Lending, and Investment Management. This client company attended the conference to find top leadership talent for their organization.
- A FORTUNE 500 company and the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. The company was founded in 1968 and was one of the nation’s first hospital companies. Today, they own and operate 162 hospitals, 110+ free-standing surgical centers and 129 other Ambulatory Centers throughout the U.S. and United Kingdom, and provides approximately 4-5% of all inpatient care delivered in the U.S. They attended the career conference recruiting for various IT leadership and project management roles.
- The leading global producer of industrial gases, including nitrogen, oxygen, argon, acetylene, carbon dioxide, helium, hydrogen and fuel gases. In North America, the company manufactures and markets over 20,000 different types of gas products for applications in a large and diverse number of industries to include automotive, agriculture, electronics, healthcare, steel, semiconductor, etc. This company has attended many conferences in the past and Cameron-Brooks has been placing candidates in various leadership, engineering, and logistics roles for nearly 20 years.
All of us at Cameron-Brooks offer our congratulations to the August candidates on taking their first steps towards their new career in Corporate America.