Interested in Subscribing to our blog?
April 2019 Cameron-Brooks Hiring Conference Results
The second Career Conference of 2019 is now in the books! There were 54 candidates along with 19 spouses and/or support team members in attendance of our April Conference in Chicago. The candidates conducted over 650 interviews with an average of 12.1 interviews per candidate. The pursuit rate for the April Career Conference was 63%, which is defined as the number of interviews in which the candidates achieved success divided by the total number of their interviews. “Achieving success” in an interview at the Career Conference simply means the companies expressed interest in moving forward in the interview process with the candidate. So, for this Conference, the candidates converted 7.6 of those 12.1 interviews into a successful interview.
There were 41 distinct companies that attended, but many companies had multiple divisions attend. Additionally, there were 25 Cameron-Brooks alumni in attendance recruiting on behalf of their companies, and the vast majority of the recruiters who attended were hiring managers and/or decision makers in the hiring process.
Some of the client companies represented at the April Career Conference included the following:
- An international company operating in 7 countries and nearly 60 facilities worldwide supplying advanced packaging solutions for more than 1,600 customers in the food-service, food packaging, supermarket, and various other packaging markets in virtually every corner of the world. They drive growth through new products and product line extensions and 80% of the company’s revenues come from market sectors where it holds the #1 or #2 positions, reflecting its brand strength and breadth of product lines. This company has been recruiting for development positions from Cameron-Brooks for nearly 40 years, and the CEO is a Cameron-Brooks alumnus. They attended the April Conference recruiting for team leadership positions.
- The largest publicly traded international oil and gas company using technology and innovation to help meet the world’s growing energy needs. They hold an industry-leading inventory of resources and are one of the world’s largest integrated refiners, marketers of petroleum products and chemical manufacturers. They are the industry leader in each of their core businesses with an unmatched portfolio of proprietary technologies aimed at world-class scale and efficiency. The company conducts business in almost 200 countries and territories around the globe and has a resource base of more than 91 billion oil-equivalent barrels. They attended the Conference recruiting for IT project management roles.
- The largest self-storage company in the U.S. and, based on number of tenants, one of the world’s largest landlords, and is 1.5 times larger than the nearest competitor. Founded in 1972, this company operates over 2,429 company-owned storage facilities in the United States. This company’s brand is the most recognized and established name in the self-storage industry. This is due to highly visible facilities in high population cities and distinct orange-colored doors and signage. The company has a dominant online marketing channel, with 73% of move-ins in 2018 coming through their website. They attended the Conference recruiting for general management positions.
- A world leader in point-of-care testing and diagnostic technology products for hospitals and ambulatory and urgent care facilities. They offer advanced with-patient testing solutions for real-time results in healthcare facilities across the continuum of care. The company is part of a $30 billion FORTUNE 500 company consistently recognized as one of the “Worlds Most Admired Companies.” They attended the Conference recruiting for professional sales positions.
- A company that provides world-class financial advisory services to public and private companies to help them in 3 main areas: sourcing debt (Capital Advisory), managing currency and interest rate risk, and defeasance. The company was founded with and continues to have their largest part of the business in interest rate and foreign currency risk management. Companies use sophisticated financial products (derivatives) to protect themselves (hedge) from interest rate and currency exchange fluctuations that can have significant negative effects on financial performance. Single transactions range from $1 million to $3 billion in size. They use a comprehensive/consultative approach, offering end-to-end management on all aspects of the financial risk and hedging process from analysis to accounting to transaction execution to documentation. They attended the Conference recruiting for business analysis roles.
- A 165-year-old $10 billionFORTUNE 500 cutting edge technology company that has developed life-changing innovations, including the glass for Edison’s light bulb, ultra-thin glass for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs), ceramic substrates for diesel and automotive emissions control, and the first commercially viable, low-loss fiber for use in telecommunications. They are a leading innovator in the material science of glass. They have unparalleled expertise in glass science, ceramic science, and optical physics with deep manufacturing and engineering capabilities to develop products that transform industries and enhance people’s lives. The company’s markets include optical communications, mobile consumer electronics, display technology, automotive, and life science vessels. The company had two separate divisions attend to recruit for technical project management and marketing product management positions.
- A company that has a history of innovation that has revolutionized communications, from pioneering mobile communications in the 1930s to making equipment that carried the first words back from the moon in 1969. They create innovative, mission-critical communication solutions and services that help public safety and commercial customers build safer cities and thriving communities. You can find their products at work in a variety of industries including law enforcement, fire, emergency medical services, national government security, utilities, mining, energy, manufacturing, hospitality, retail, transportation and logistics, education, and public services. They attended the Conference recruiting for sales and finance positions.
- Founded in 1956 and privately owned, this company is one of the world’s leading executive search consulting firms, operating out of 56 offices in 30 countries and conducting more than 4,000 assignments worldwide annually. They are the adviser of choice among top companies seeking guidance on senior leadership needs and have unrivaled access to leading executives around the world. Clients range across industries and vary in size from large multinationals to medium-sized businesses and entrepreneurial start-ups; they also serve key nonprofit organizations around the world. Their core business is identifying, assessing, and recruiting leaders. Their objective is to help clients find the ideal candidate for their search, tailoring each assignment to reflect the client’s strategic goals and current business situation, as well as identifying what the critical competencies for success in the role will be. They attended the Conference looking for consulting roles.
If you are interested in exploring your options and seeing how Cameron-Brooks could assist you in your career search just like our April Career Conference candidates, check out our website and upcoming base visit schedule.