Interested in Subscribing to our blog?
April 2014 Career Conference Results
We just completed the April 2014 Career Conference and are already busy preparing for the follow-up interview process. 56 candidates and 23 spouses and support team members attended the Conference, and all candidates have companies pursuing them into the follow-up process. The candidates interviewed with an average of 12.6 companies and averaged almost 9 companies pursuing them for a 68% pursuit rate. It was a very busy Career Conference with over 700 interviews conducted in a two-day time period.
Over 35 distinct companies attended but several companies had multiple divisions attend and there was an average of nearly 2 openings per candidate. The size of the companies attending our April Career Conference varied from several companies with 20+ employees to a company with over 2 million employees worldwide. There were privately held companies represented, as well as some of the largest companies on the FORTUNE 500 list. Industries included Oil & Gas, Medical Device, Financial, Consulting, Consumer Goods, Logistics, Healthcare, Building Products, Facilities Services, Internet Marketing, and more.
Some of the various locations represented included Minneapolis, Houston, Dallas, Cleveland, Salt Lake City, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Tampa, Cincinnati, New York City, Baton Rouge, Charlotte, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, Boston, and many more. The list of client companies at the January Conference included the following:
- A world premier manufacturing and FORTUNE 100 company creating innovative products for large and growing markets worldwide. For over 100 years, this company has grown by pioneering innovative technologies and products that enrich lives in every corner of the world and in the most dynamic segments of the global economy. Recognized as one of the most innovative companies in the world, they allow their researchers 15% of their time to focus on whatever products they wish. They attended this Career Conference recruiting for supply chain analyst and project engineering positions.
- The global leader in water, hygiene, and energy technologies and services. Around the world, businesses in the foodservice, food processing, hospitality, healthcare, industrial, and oil and gas markets choose this company’s products and services to keep their environments clean and safe, operate efficiently and achieve sustainability goals. With businesses in 1 million locations, this company is considered a trusted partner with their customers, assisting them with developing clean, safe, and sustainable practices. They have attended Career Conferences for several years recruiting for engineering and marketing positions.
- The leading global producer of industrial gases, including nitrogen, oxygen, argon, acetylene, carbon dioxide, helium, hydrogen and fuel gases. In North America, the company manufactures and markets over 20,000 different types of gas products for applications in a large and diverse number of industries to include automotive, agriculture, electronics, healthcare, steel, semiconductor, etc. This company has attended many conferences in the past and Cameron-Brooks has been placing candidates in various leadership, engineering, and logistics roles for nearly 20 years.
- With a business dating back to the turn of the twentieth century, this company has been a leading developer and supplier in automotive safety. They produce products that include integrated vehicle control and driver assist systems, braking systems, steering systems, suspension systems, occupant safety systems, electronics, engine components, and aftermarket replacement parts and services. This company is a primary “tier 1” original equipment supplier with nearly 85% of its end-customer sales made to automobile OEMs, and nearly 90% of its sales derived from safety-related products. They attended the conference looking for a variety of team leadership and engineering positions.
- A U.S.-based consulting firm specializing in business continuity strategy design, development, implementation, and long-term program maintenance. Similar in many ways to “contingency planning” in the military, this company focuses on helping organizations prepare for disruptive events in order to safeguard organizational assets and the processes that deliver value to their customers. Their clients are among the largest in the U.S. and the world including the world’s largest automobile manufacturer, the country’s largest retailer, and the largest healthcare company in the U.S. This long standing client attended the April Career Conference recruiting for consultant positions.
- A company that develops medical technology and services that focus on putting more control into the hands of those who treat cardiac, neurological and chronic-pain patients worldwide. This company’s product portfolio includes implantable cardioverter defibrillators, cardiac resynchronization therapy devices, pacemakers, electrophysiology catheters, mapping and visualization systems, vascular closure devices, heart valve replacement and repair products, spinal cord stimulation, and deep brain stimulation devices. They have repeatedly been recognized by FORTUNE as one of the best medical device companies in the world and by BusinessWeek as one of the 50 “Best Places to Launch a Career.” They attended the Career Conference recruiting for sales and business manager positions.
Congratulations to all of the April Career Conference candidates and their families for taking the first step towards launching their new business careers!