Interested in Subscribing to our blog?
April 2013 Career Conference Results
We just completed the April 2013 Career Conference and are already busy preparing for the follow-up interview process. 52 candidates and 14 spouses and support team members attended the Conference, and all candidates have companies pursuing them into the follow-up process. The candidates interviewed with an average of 12 companies and averaged 7 companies pursuing them for a 60% pursuit rate. They all worked diligently at the Career Conference and all of at Cameron-Brooks offer our congratulations to the candidates on taking their first steps towards their new career in Corporate America.
At the April Career Conference, 29 distinct companies that attended but several companies had multiple divisions attend and there was an average of nearly 2 openings per candidate. The size of the companies attending our April Career Conference varied from several companies with 15+ employees to a company with over 2 million employees worldwide. There were privately held companies represented, as well as some of the largest companies on the FORTUNE 500 list. Industries included Oil & Gas Exploration, Medical Device, Consulting, Banking, Industrial, Consumer Products, and more.
Some of the various locations represented included New York City, Houston, Chicago, Atlanta, Nashville, New Orleans, Saint Louis, Philadelphia, Tampa, Las Vegas, Dallas, Boston, Phoenix, and many more. The list of client companies at the April Conference included the following:
- One of the world’s largest food manufacturers in the world and they are the world’s leading confectionary and petcare company with over 8 billion-dollar brands. From its humble beginnings in the Tacoma, WA, it has grown into a company of global scope with operations in North America, Africa, India, Middle East, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. As a family owned company for nearly a century, the company guides their business by 5 principles: Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency, and Freedom. They were most recently named to FORTUNE‘s 2013 “100 Best Companies to Work For”. They attended this conference recruiting for business analysis and brand management opportunities.
- A U.S-based consulting firm specializing in business continuity strategy design, development, implementation, and long-term program maintenance. Founded in 2005 and based in Cleveland, OH, this company focuses exclusively on helping organizations build and improve business continuity programs. The company’s clients are among the largest in the U.S. to include the world’s largest automobile manufacturer, the country’s largest retailer, and the largest healthcare company in the U.S. The organization prides itself on building strong relationships with its clients and becoming a long-term resource and partner. They have attended conferences in the past recruiting for various consultant positions.
- A FORTUNE 500 company who is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of medical devices for international medical specialties around the globe. With 26 manufacturing, distribution, and technology centers worldwide the company produces more than 13,000 products in 45 different countries. A long-standing client of Cameron-Brooks, they regularly attend Career Conferences recruiting for various sales, engineering, and manufacturing opportunities. The company attended this conference recruiting for various marketing and sales positions.
- A FORTUNE 500 company and the largest steel producer in the United States and the largest of the so-called “mini-mill” steel makers (those using electric arc furnaces to melt scrap steel instead of the traditionally more expensive steel blast furnace). They are also North America’s largest recycler of any material, recycling one ton of steel every two seconds. For nearly 50 years, the company produces a wide array of products to include carbon and alloy steel, steel joists, steel deck, cold finished steel, steel grinding balls, steel bearing products, fabricated concrete reinforcing steel, steel fasteners, metal building systems, etc. The company attended the Career Conference recruiting for different project engineer positions.
- The world’s leading general aviation company producing the most desired business jets and propeller aircraft. Since its inception in 1927, they have designed, produced, and delivered nearly 200,000 airplanes around the globe. Today, the company operates two principal lines of business: aircraft sales and aftermarket services. Aircraft sales include business jets, single-engine utility turboprops, single-engine piston aircraft, and lift solutions. Aftermarket services include parts, maintenance, inspection, and repair services.
- A global leader in the design, manufacture and service of state-of-the-art compression systems to the energy, oil, natural gas, and chemical industries worldwide. With industry roots that stretch back 30 years including fielding millions of horsepower of compression systems, this company has amassed industry-leading knowledge vital for upstream, midstream, and downstream compression applications. From the well-head to the pipeline, and regardless of the technical and engineering challenges, companies across the globe turn to this organization for their single source, modular, highly customized, engineered solutions. They have attended several Career Conferences in the past and attended the April Career Conference recruiting for project engineer positions.
To learn more about the Cameron-Brooks Career Conference experience, I’ve posted several videos from candidates who attended the April 2013 Career Conference on our Facebook.