Interested in Subscribing to our blog?
June 2016 Career Conference Results
Congratulations to all of the June Career Conference candidates and their spouses and support team members on a great conference and taking their first steps towards a career in Corporate America. It was a very busy and productive Career Conference with over 570 interviews conducted in 48 hours and an average of 11.7 interviews per candidate. The group as a whole achieved a 58+% pursuit rate. The pursuit rate is defined as the number of interviews in which the candidates achieved success divided by the total number of their interviews. Achieving success in an interview at the Career Conference simply means the companies expressed interest in moving forward in the interview process with the candidate. So, for this Conference, the June Candidates converted right at 7 of those 11.7 interviews into a successful interview.
There were 34 distinct companies attended but several companies had multiple divisions attend. Additionally, there were several new companies attending in addition to some long standing Cameron-Brooks client companies. The size of the companies attending our June Career Conference varied from several smaller privately held companies to some of the largest companies on the most recent FORTUNE 500 list.
Sample industries represented at the June Career Conference include: Medical Device, High Technology, Energy, Industrial, Health Care, Building Materials, Consumer Products, Retail, and more.
Same positions include: Process Development Engineer, Field Clinical Representative, Customer Strategy & Insights Manager, Global Sales Engineer, General Manager, Distribution Operations Manager, Plant Manager, Network Partner Program Manager, Manufacturing Supervisor, Senior Quality Supervisor, Territory Development Representative, Maintenance Planner, and many more.
Sample locations include: Boston, MA; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Nashville, TN; Cincinnati, OH; Minneapolis, MN; Charlotte, NC; San Bernardino, CA; Memphis, TN; San Francisco, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Dallas, TX; Oklahoma City, OK; Tampa, FL; Los Angeles, CA; and many more.
Some of the client companies represented at the June Career Conference included the following:
- The modern air/ground express industry was pioneered with the founding of this company in 1971. The company has more than 10.5 million shipments for express, ground, freight and expedited delivery services in more than 220 countries and territories, including every address in the United States. They are the world’s largest express transportation company, providing fast and reliable delivery to every U.S. address and to more than 220 countries and territories. Recent awards: FORTUNE Magazine: #12 among “World’s Most Admired Companies” (2015); FORTUNE Magazine: “100 Best Places to Work” (2013); FORBES Magazine: “World’s Most Valuable Brands” (2015); and, Corporate Responsibility Magazine: “100 Best Corporate Citizens” (2015). They have attended many Conferences in the past and attended the June Conference recruiting for project management roles.
- One of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with their customers, they are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine, which helps improve patient and hospital outcomes. Seventy-five years of innovation have led this company to deliver 60,000+ products in 100+ countries around the world. The company ranks #300 on the 2015 FORTUNE 500, and has experienced 36 years of straight sales growth. Today, they own 5,300+ patents worldwide, allowing them to consistently deliver life-enhancing and lifesaving products that help drive improved outcomes as well as cost savings and efficiencies. They attended the June Career Conference recruiting for sales and corporate finance positions.
- One of the world’s leading manufacturers of products in the areas of household cleaning, home storage, air care and insect control. With iconic brands such as Windex, Glade, Off! , Pledge, Raid, Saran, Kiwi, Scrubbing Bubbles, Drano, Ziploc, Shout, and Mr. Muscle, this company positively impacts the lives of consumers all over the world. Privately held, this company has established a decades-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. Their annual revenues are estimated in excess of $9 billion, ranking it #35 on the Forbes list of the largest U.S. private companies. They attended the June Conference recruiting for brand management/marketing positions.
- From Thomas Edison to Steve Jobs, this company has solved their customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world-class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives. They have a rich history of continuous re-invention and dedication to R&D that has resulted in a rank of #297 on the FORTUNE 500 and revenues in excess of $10 billion. Their expertise in specialty glass and ceramics enables solutions that play an important role in diverse market segments supporting Telecommunications, Life Sciences, Display Technologies, Environmental Technologies, and Specialty Materials. They have been a long standing Cameron-Brooks client and have attended many Conferences. They attended the June Conference recruiting for engineering project management roles.
- A leading global executive search and assessment firm with more than 370 consultants based in 46 offices worldwide. The firm works closely with public and private companies/organizations to assess and recruit senior executives and board members to drive long-term growth and success. Their in-depth knowledge of major industries and their clients’ specific business challenges, combined with over 45 years of experience in understanding of who and what makes an effective leader, ensures that their clients secure the best leadership teams for the ongoing success of their businesses and helps them mitigate the risks associated with senior-level appointments. Each client engagement leverages the firm’s expertise in one of the following Sectors: Industrial/Natural Resources, Consumer, Financial Services, Healthcare, Nonprofit, Private Equity, Technology, and their newest sector, Digital Leadership. Their 370 experienced consultants are supported by a global research network and execute approximately 3,500 engagements annually. They attended the June Conference recruiting for consulting/sales positions.
- The world’s largest device support and technology protection company serving over 290 million customers, annually. For the past 20 years, this company has helped people across the globe balance the interdependency between life and technology. Today, as the industry-defining leader of technology solutions, they ensure 290 million consumers’ devices and appliances stay online and on the job in this fast-moving, tech-driven world. They ensures technology and people are harmonious and their life is in balance. Their wireless business partners include AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile, cricKet, China Mobile and many more. Cable, DSS, retail, manufacturer and distributor partners include Costco, Amazon.com, Sears, Whilrlpool, Visa and Comcast. They attended the June Conference recruiting for business analysis positions.
- The leading provider of corporate identity uniform programs and is the largest uniform rental company in the United States. This company provides highly specialized products and services to businesses of all types primarily through North America, as well as Latin America, Europe, and Asia. Their products and services are designed to enhance their customers’ images and brand identification, as well as provide a safe and efficient workplace. They have been named as one of FORTUNE magazine’s “America’s Most Admired Companies” for 12 consecutive years and recently Forbes rated them as one of “America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies.” They have been a Cameron-Brooks client for many years and attended the June Conference recruiting for future general managers.
- And many more……….
Additionally, below are some testimonials from the June Conference candidates sharing their experiences: