Interested in Subscribing to our blog?
November 2017 Career Conference Results
The Cameron-Brooks team, the candidates and our client companies have all arrived home safely to their respective locations after a very busy, but productive, November Career Conference. As I type this, we are in the process of beginning to coordinate follow-up interviews where many candidates will be traveling as early as Monday of next week. This past Monday and Tuesday, we conducted over 560 interviews with an average of 13.2 interviews per candidate. The pursuit rate for the November Career Conference was just over 61%, which is defined as the number of interviews in which the candidates achieved success divided by the total number of their interviews. Achieving success in an interview at the Career Conference simply means the companies expressed interest in moving forward in the interview process with the candidate. So, for this Conference, the candidates converted 8.0 of those 13.2 interviews into a successful interview.
There were 35 distinct companies that attended but many companies had multiple divisions attend. Additionally, there were new companies attending in addition to some companies we have been partnered with for over 40 years. The size of the companies attending varied from several smaller privately held companies to the second largest company on the most recent FORTUNE 500 list.
Some of the client companies represented at the November Career Conference included the following:
- A leading equipment and service provider for the electric utility, telecommunications, and contractor markets. The company provides products and services in over 100 countries throughout the world and offers the most complete line of equipment in the industry to include aerial vehicles, cable handling equipment, digger derricks, etc. They have been recruiting from Cameron-Brooks for over five years and attended the November Conference recruiting for sales and team leadership positions.
- An international company operating in 7 countries and nearly 60 facilities worldwide supplying advanced packaging solutions for more than 1,600 customers in the foodservice, food packaging, supermarket, and various other packaging markets in virtually every corner of the world. They drive growth through new products and product line extensions and 80% of the company’s revenues come from market sectors where it holds the #1 or #2 positions, reflecting its brand strength and breadth of product lines. They have been recruiting for development positions from Cameron-Brooks for near 40 years and the CEO of the company is a Cameron-Brooks alumnus. They attended the November Conference recruiting for team leadership logistics positions.
- A premier global management consulting firm dedicated to helping leading companies understand and leverage technology to improve business results. They have built a team that had decades of experience developing and implementing strategic and tactical plans in the areas of advanced analytics, mergers and acquisitions, business transformation, program management, information technology and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). Whether helping to improve revenue growth, increase IT effectiveness, reduce cost structures or integrate an acquisition, their clients can expect a relationship built on direct, candid collaboration. They attended this Career Conference recruiting for consulting positions.
- A trusted global supplier of innovative wafer fabrication equipment and services in the semiconductor industry. Their customers are the most successful semiconductor companies in the world to include Intel, Samsung, Micron, Toshiba, Texas Instruments, etc. developing some of the most advanced semiconductors. Their broad portfolio of market-leading atomic layer disposition, etch, and clean solutions helps customers achieve success on the wafer by enabling device features that are 1,000 times smaller than a grain of sand, resulting in smaller, faster, more powerful, and more power-efficient chips and electronics. They attended the Conference recruiting for engineering project positions.
- One of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with their customers, they are driven to make healthcare better. The company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine, which helps improve patient and hospital outcomes. Seventy-five years of innovation have led this company to deliver 60,000+ products in 100+ countries around the world. They attended the Conference recruiting for a variety of development candidate roles in manufacturing, engineering, marketing, supply chain and sales.
- The largest publicly traded international oil and gas company using technology and innovation to help meet the world’s growing energy needs. They hold an industry-leading inventory of resources and are one of the world’s largest integrated refiners, marketers of petroleum products and chemical manufacturers. They are the industry leader in each of their core businesses with an unmatched portfolio of proprietary technologies aimed at world-class scale and efficiency. The company conducts business in almost 200 countries and territories around the globe and has a resource base of more than 91 billion oil-equivalent barrels. They attended the Conference recruiting for a variety of engineering project management roles.
- And many more……….
If you are interested in exploring your options and seeing how Cameron-Brooks could assist you in your career search just like our November Career Conference candidates, check out the link below for our upcoming base visits in your area: