Interested in Subscribing to our blog?
June 2011 Career Conference Results
We just completed the June 2011 Career Conference this week. 39 candidates and 15 spouses and support team members attended the conference, and all candidates have multiple companies pursuing them into the follow up process. The candidates interviewed with an average of 11.7 companies and averaged 6.9 companies pursuing them for a 59% pursuit rate, which is very representative of past conferences. The entire Cameron-Brooks team congratulates the June conference candidates on their first step in their transition to Corporate America.
All of us at Cameron-Brooks recognize that each of our candidates is unique in terms of their background, goals, desires, etc. Accordingly, Cameron-Brooks represents a wide variety of industries, companies and positions to account and provide for this level of diversity. We believe in conducting a quality career search that starts with great opportunities, the nature of the work, and the potential to grow to allow our candidates to make a good career decision. The companies who attended the June 2011 Career Conference all allowed our candidates to see a wide variety of opportunities to evaluate all of their options.
The size of the companies varied from a company with 750 employees to one with over 279,000 employees. Privately held companies attended as well as some of the largest companies on the Fortune 500 list. We also had a number of new companies attend as we continue to diversity and expand our client company portfolio. Because Cameron-Brooks founded the JMO recruiting industry and we have been in business for over 45 years, we are very fortunate to have placed thousands of alumni working in key leadership roles in Corporate America. Time and again, these alumni bring their organizations back to Cameron-Brooks Conferences to hire potential candidates. In fact, we had 17 alumni attend and recruit for their company at the June conference.
Industries included biopharmaceutical manufacturing, building materials, logistics, consumer products, telecommunications manufacturing, internet technology, mining and construction, oil and gas exploration and production, engineered industrial products, industrial gas and delivery systems, corporate finance, medical device, and HVAC.
Job titles included Operations Engineer, Field Clinical Representative, Manufacturing Engineer, Manufacturing Management, Applications Engineer, Service Account Manager, Project Engineer, Commodity Manager, Field Service Supervisor, Financial Management, Supply Chain Manager, Manufacturing Development Engineer, Clinical Sales Representative, Account Manager, Facilities Manager, Project Manager, Operations Manager, Logistics Project Manager, Business Analyst, Plant Manager, Quality Engineer, Reliability Engineer, Manufacturing Supervisor, Six Sigma Black Belt, and Brand Management.
Some of the companies at the conference include:
- A leading global provider of electrical components and systems for power quality, distribution and control. This company provides products wherever there is demand for efficient, reliable, and high quality electrical power in commercial buildings, data centers, residences, apartment and office buildings, etc. They focus on helping their customers power greener buildings and businesses and help electric companies safely and efficiently deliver high quality power to their customers. The company has been a client for over five years and regularly attends our conferences to find top leadership.
- A company with the world’s most popular social networking site and one of the most trafficked sites in the world. With over 500 million users around the world, this company provides the ability to share and make the world more open and connected. Companies large and small are using this company as a powerful way to reach their customers, leveraging the most powerful advertising tool in modern marketing – the word of mouth product endorsement from a trusted friend. The companies’ platform is growing rapidly with over 2.5 million websites already integrated with an average of 10,000 new websites each day. This was the company’s first conference and they attended looking to fill a variety of developmental positions in their organization.
- A Global Fortune 10 company and leader in the exploration and production of natural oil and gas for over 100 years. This company is best known for its supply of fuel and lubrication products at their 40,000+ local filling stations but they also explore and produce crude oil and natural gas, make chemicals, run refineries, transport natural gas, trade gas and electricity, and develop renewable energy sources such as wind power and biofuels. They have been a long time client of Cameron-Brooks and attended the June conference in search of top leadership & engineering talent.
- A world leader in the design and development of cardiovascular medical products. This company’s devices help patients with heart disease return to active and productive lives and provide physicians with leading-edge technologies for improved patient management and clinical outcomes. This company views Cameron-Brooks as a proven and trusted resource of talent and we have placed many JMOs over the years and all are accomplishing great things.
- A world leader responsible for pioneering the modern air/ground express delivery industry. This company is the world’s largest express transportation company, and responsible for more than 8 million shipments for express, ground, freight and expedited delivery services to every U.S. address and to more than 220 countries and territories. This company is a long standing client of Cameron-Brooks and regularly recruit from us to fill various leadership positions in their organization.
- One of the world’s leading innovative technology companies that has a proud history of enriching people’s lives through research and technological innovation. For over 150 years, this company has developed life-changing innovations including the glass for Edison’s light bulb, ultra-thin glass for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs), ceramic substrates for diesel and automotive emissions control, and the first commercially viable, low-loss fiber for use in telecommunications. This company is a long-time client of Cameron-Brooks and its various divisions regularly attend conferences to find top leadership talent.
To learn more about the Conference experience, I’ve included a few videos from candidates who attended the conference. You can see more videos like this by visiting us on our YouTube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCameronBrooks and our Facebook.