Interested in Subscribing to our blog?
Episode 122 – Our Most Frequently Asked Questions (Part 2)
Welcome back to PART 2 of our Frequently Asked Questions conversation! We covered the first set of FAQs on podcast episode 121. Our goal for these episodes is to help officers who are considering a transition (or who are curious) learn more about Cameron-Brooks as a transition resource.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) we cover:
- Timing – when should you start? What’s normal? As we discussed in Episodes 114 and 116, our purpose is to help officers “transition” and in doing so, avoid the early career do-overs. In order to do that effectively, two things must exist.
- We must know you professionally and have a relationship. Who you are. What you are good at. What you like and are interested in. How you see yourself.
- You must be prepared to interview with Corporate America. There must be a level of interview prep that occurs in orders to maximize the outcome of 10-12 interviews.
- Next, officers ask about our Mutually Accountability Partnership (most call it an “Exclusivity Clause” initially. Although we spend two full podcast episodes fully exploring and explaining our partnership, it’s such a ubiquitous question that we felt it’d be good to hit the wavetops. For more of an in-depth discussion, check out episodes 110 and 113.
- Fee – people say to us, “You offer a ton of services and don’t charge a fee. What’s the catch?” Admittedly, I’m naturally skeptical of professional services firms so this is a question that totally makes sense! We encourage everyone who is potentially interested in Cameron-Brooks to do their research first and determine if our services are right for you.
- Industries – officers often want to know what industries we represent. It’s wide: Medical, Consumer, Material Science, Testing, Environmental, Energy, Packaging, Financial Services, Consulting and on and on. The business world is replete with companies that want leaders! Curious about the industries, companies, career field and job titles that have attended Cameron-Brooks Conferences recently? Check out our blog. We post a pre- and post-Conference blog that gives all of those details. Check out our most recent two Conferences here and here.
I hope these two FAQ episodes have been helpful. If you have any questions that we didn’t cover or you want more information, feel free to contact either Joel (email@example.com), Hope (firstname.lastname@example.org) or me (email@example.com).
To learn more on how to make a successful military transition, JMO interview tips, and leadership content, visit our website and check out PCS to Corporate America. You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.