Interested in Subscribing to our blog?
Episode 121 – Our Most Frequently Asked Questions (Part 1)
Welcome back to another addition of the podcast! Many of the people who have chosen to partner with Cameron-Brooks already know much about our model – who we are, what we do, how we do it and our relationship with the companies who come to us seeking to hire Junior Military Officers. That said, even people who know a lot about who we are had to start somewhere.
That start is usually defined by doing research and that research often includes an informational phone call with a team member at Cameron-Brooks. Hope happens to be one of the team members at Cameron-Brooks who spends a lot of time with officers looking for more information. Though we publish a list of FAQs HERE and HERE , Hope thought it would be a good idea to cover some of the most frequently asked questions on the podcast. I couldn’t agree more!
So, Hope, Joel and I hit the record button and Hope led us through a series of questions she receives most often. We only covered 7 questions but the session took about an hour and twenty minutes, so we decided to break it into two episodes. For the first one, we hit a few big topics:
- An overview of who we are, what we do, who we work with and the biggest misconceptions about all of that.
- As a business, how we earn revenue and if we charge a JMO for our services.
- Location is a big deal – can I live where I want?
- Joel mentioned Hilary Thomas and a conversation she had was a couple of other JMOs (not a Cameron-Brooks vide0.) You can find the video HERE and Hilary’s comments on the topic start around the 32 minute mark.
On the next episode we tackle:
- When is the best time to start preparing to move to Corporate America?
- Do you have a partnership agreement?
- What’s the catch?
- What industries and companies do you work with?
- What should I be focused on in my next career?
To learn more on how to make a successful military transition, JMO interview tips, and leadership content, visit our website and check out PCS to Corporate America. You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download