Interested in Subscribing to our blog?
Episode 94 – Weathering the [COVID-19] Storm
As we all navigate the turbulent waters of this COVID-19 pandemic, we wanted to bring you insight from someone who has helped military officers transition through all types of economic ups and downs. Joel Junker began his career at Cameron-Brooks over 20 years ago. In all that time, Cameron-Brooks has never cancelled a Career Conference! Through the Dot-com bubble, 9/11, the financial crisis of 2008/2009, Joel has been there to help officers transition every step of the way. In this episode, he shares some key insights to weathering the COVID-19 storm.
Companies Will Hire in Difficult Economic Times
During the Financial Crisis of 2008/2009, Joel maintained a journal and kept asking the questions: Will we make it through this? Will companies continue to hire? Companies did, in fact, continue to hire through those tumultuous times, so the question remains – why do companies still continue to partner with and hire through Cameron-Brooks, even in the fiercest of economic headwinds?
- We know the officers with whom we partner. We know your strengths. Your weaknesses. Your life stories. Your military evaluations. Your resume. We know you personally and we partner with you.
- Companies trust us for two reasons. First, many of the hiring managers are Cameron-Brooks alumni. They know the type of JMO with whom we partner because they came from the same place. Second, many other hiring managers work with Cameron-Brooks alumni. They know that we partner with military officers who have good attitudes, are givers, work hard and are prepared to transition. They know that you will come to Corporate America and make it a better place.
Make Decisions Based on Your Goals, Not Based On Fear
We are always operating in a world of uncertainty. Sometimes that uncertainty is higher than other times but no one can predict the future and anything can happen. So, knowing companies do not stop hiring good leaders even in a rough economy, how can you mitigate risk to ensure a successful transition?
- Find a partner who can help you prepare and has a strong network. At Cameron-Brooks, we have over 50 years of experience helping military officers launch their business careers. Because of this, we have honed our process to a high level of precision and there are literally thousands of Cameron-Brooks alumni who want to hire more JMOs.
- Prepare for the transition. In a tighter economy there are fewer opportunities. That means that almost every time a company hires a JMO, they are selecting that person over someone with industry experience. The only way that happens is if the JMOs can demonstrate they are the best person for the job. This takes a high degree of preparation.
Where Do We Go From Here?
- If you are already in our program and have questions, please contact us directly at email@example.com or (800) 222-9235.
- Curious to learn more about turning your JMO leadership skills into a smooth transition and business success with Cameron-Brooks? Visit our website and check out PCS to Corporate America. You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.