Interested in Subscribing to our blog?
June 2, 2016 | Podcasts
Cameron-Brooks Podcast: Episode 1: Mentors, Relationships, and Getting the Right People in the Right Positions
Brad Cantebury is a 2007 United States Naval Academy Graduate who spent 6 years in the Marine Corps before transitioning to business. He is currently a Supplier Technology Manager at United Technologies, and while he has only been out of the military working in business for 3 years, he has a lot share about making an impact early in a career. Topics we cover include:
- The best career advice Brad received: “You will solve 80% of your problems with getting the right people into the right positions,” and how he does that.
- The importance of communicating with your boss and not to being afraid to over communicate.
- How to find a mentor and manage that relationship.
- You are responsible for taking control of your career.
- How Procurement is much more than negotiating price and quantity deals with suppliers.
- Success comes down to building relationships
Links to books discussed in the podcast:
Sink, Float or Swim: Sustainable High Performance Doesn’t Happen by Chance – It Happens by Choice
The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results
Podcast: Play in new window | Download