June 2018 Career Conference Results
Our third Career Conference of the year has concluded and we conducted over 750 interviews with an average of 12.6 interviews per candidate. The pursuit rate for the June Career Conference was just under 60%, which is defined as the number of interviews in which the candidates achieved success divided by the total number of their interviews. Achieving success in an interview at the Career Conference simply means the companies expressed interest in moving forward in the interview process with the candidate. So, for this Conference, the candidates converted 7.5 of those 12.6 interviews into a successful interview.
There were 38 distinct companies that attended but many companies had multiple divisions attend. Additionally, 35 of those companies have hired from Cameron-Brooks before, which is a great testament to their desire to hire JMOs and their confidence in the Cameron-Brooks program. The size of the companies attending varied from several smaller privately held companies to the second largest company on the most recent FORTUNE 500 list.
We had 31 Cameron-Brooks alumnus in attendance recruiting on behalf of their companies with the vast majority of the recruiters being hiring managers. Some examples of job titles of the recruiters in attendance were Company President, Director of Operations, Principal, Regional Sales Manager, Co-Founder & Managing Director, Director of Technology, Director Financial Planning & Analysis, Vice President of Engineering, Director of Marketing & Commercial Operations, Regional Operations Director, Division Sales Manager, etc. Because the recruiters represented are predominantly hiring managers, the interview process for the candidates proceeds very quickly for the candidates with an average of just 18 working days to conduct follow up interviews and receive offers. As I type this blog post, we already in the process of coordinating follow-up interviews across the country for our June candidates!
Some of the client companies represented at the June Career Conference included the following:
- The #1 manufacturer of Over the Counter (OTC) healthcare products in the world and 1 billion customers are reached by their products. They manufacture a range of consumer healthcare products in the areas of pain, respiratory, skin health, oral health, and nutrition/gastrointestinal. They have 19 major brands each generating over $100 million in revenue, and their strategy is to combine the best of their pharmaceutical and Fast Moving Consumer Goods capabilities to become the first and best fast moving consumer healthcare company driven by science and values. They attended the conference recruiting for sales positions.
- One of the nation’s largest bank-based financial services companies, with total assets of approximately $137 billion. They are known for building enduring relationships with consumers and businesses through client-focused solutions and great service. The company provides a wide range of retail and commercial banking, commercial leasing, investment management, consumer finance, commercial mortgage servicing and special servicing, and investment banking products and services to individual, corporate, and institutional clients. They attended the Conference recruiting for business analysis positions.
- A leading global consulting firm located in 756 city offices in approximately 157 countries worldwide and provides industry focused assurance, tax and advisory services. The company recruits top talent with a variety of backgrounds focusing on diversity and inclusion. Their people are armed with the tools – including enriching professional experiences, everyday coaching, timely and productive feedback, and high-quality learning and development opportunities – to deliver each day. They are committed to building lasting relationships and delivering value to their clients. In 2015, the company provided services to 418 companies on the FORTUNE Global 500 list. They attended the Conference recruiting for consulting positions.
- A trusted global supplier of innovative wafer fabrication equipment and services in the semiconductor industry. Their customers are the most successful semiconductor companies in the world to include Intel, Samsung, Micron, Toshiba, Texas Instruments, etc. developing some of the most advanced semiconductors. Their broad portfolio of market-leading atomic layer disposition, etch, and clean solutions helps customers achieve success on the wafer by enabling device features that are 1,000 times smaller than a grain of sand, resulting in smaller, faster, more powerful, and more power-efficient chips and electronics. They attended the Conference recruiting for engineering project positions.
- The largest publicly traded international oil and gas company using technology and innovation to help meet the world’s growing energy needs. They hold an industry-leading inventory of resources and are one of the world’s largest integrated refiners, marketers of petroleum products and chemical manufacturers. They are the industry leader in each of their core businesses with an unmatched portfolio of proprietary technologies aimed at world-class scale and efficiency. The company conducts business in almost 200 countries and territories around the globe and has a resource base of more than 91 billion oil-equivalent barrels. They attended the Conference recruiting for a variety of engineering and IT project management roles.
- For over 160 years, this company has developed life-changing innovations including the glass for Edison’s light bulb, ultra-thin glass for active maxtrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs), ceramic substrates for diesel and automotive emissions control, the first commercially viable low-loss fiber for use in telecommunications, etc. They are a global company with advanced research centers and the leading manufacturer of optical fiber and cable systems for the telecommunications industry, high performance glass for television and information display applications, and advanced materials for the scientific, semiconductor, and environmental industries. Two distinct divisions of this company attended this Conference hiring for marketing positions.
- And many more……….
If you are interested in exploring your options and seeing how Cameron-Brooks could assist you in your career search just like our June Career Conference candidates, check out the link below for our upcoming base visits in your area: