January 2018 Career Conference Results
The first Career Conference of 2018 is now in the books and we are now in the process of coordinating follow-up interviews where many candidates will be traveling as early as Monday of next week. This past Monday and Tuesday, we conducted nearly 700 interviews with an average of 13.1 interviews per candidate. The pursuit rate for the January Career Conference was just over 64%, which is defined as the number of interviews in which the candidates achieved success divided by the total number of their interviews. Achieving success in an interview at the Career Conference simply means the companies expressed interest in moving forward in the interview process with the candidate. So, for this Conference, the candidates converted 8.5 of those 13.1 interviews into a successful interview.
There were 40 distinct companies that attended but many companies had multiple divisions attend. Additionally, there were new companies attending in addition to some companies we have been partnered with for decades. The size of the companies attending varied from several smaller privately held companies to the some of the largest companies on the most recent FORTUNE 500 list.
Some of the client companies represented at the January Career Conference included the following:
- For over 160 years, this company has developed life-changing innovations including the glass for Edison’s light bulb, ultra-thin glass for active maxtrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs), ceramic substrates for diesel and automotive emissions control, the first commercially viable low-loss fiber for use in telecommunications, etc. They are a global company with advanced research centers and the leading manufacturer of optical fiber and cable systems for the telecommunications industry, high performance glass for television and information display applications, and advanced materials for the scientific, semiconductor, and environmental industries. Thre distinct divisions of this company attended this Conference hiring for a variety of engineering project management and team leadership positions.
- An international company with 57 facilities and operations in 7 countries supplying advanced packaging solutions for more than 1,600 customers in the foodservice, food packaging, supermarket, and various other packaging markets in virtually every corner of the world. Their CEO and several high level executives are Cameron-Brooks alumnus. They drive growth through new products and product line extensions and 80% of the company’s sales come from market sectors in which it holds the #1 or #2 positions, reflecting their brand strength and breadth of product lines. They attended the Conference recruiting for a variety of manufacturing and logistics team leadership roles and sales positions.
- The largest publicly traded international oil and gas company that utilizes technology and innovation to help meet the world’s growing energy needs. The company holds an industry-leading inventory of resources and are one of the world’s largest integrated refiners, marketers of petroleum products and chemical manufacturers. They are the industry leader in each of their core businesses with an unmatched portfolio of proprietary technologies aimed at world-class scale and efficiency. This company has been recruiting from Cameron-Brooks for decades and attended this Conference several divisions attended recruiting for engineering and IT project management positions.
- This company is Powering the Unplugged World™ by delivering the world’s most efficient, thin and flexible mobile power technology. Their main product is a 2x5cm solar cell that they stitch together and customize to any size their customer needs. These sizes largely depend on the particular target market the customer is in, from single cells being used for sensors and wearable technology up to large unmanned vehicles with the wingspan of football fields. They are a wholly-owned subsidiary of a parent company which was named a “Top 25 Global Renewable Energy Leader” by Thomson Reuters in 2017. They attended the Conference recruiting for applications engineering and technical marketing positions.
- The world’s largest device support and technology protection company serving over 300 million customers annually. For the past 20 years, they have helped people across the globe balance the interdependency between life and technology. Today, as the industry-defining leader of technology solutions, they ensure 290 million consumers’ devices and appliances stay online and on the job in this fast-moving, tech-driven world. The company ensures technology and people are harmonious and their life is in balance. They do this across the digitally connected globe by speaking six languages and by working across any device, platform or provider. They attended the Conference recruiting for program manager positions.
- A leading musculoskeletal implant manufacturer and is driving significant technological advancements across a complete suite of spinal products. Founded in 2003, their single-minded focus on advancing spinal surgery has made it the fastest growing company in the history of orthopedics. They are driven to utilize superior engineering and technology to achieve pain free, active lives for all patients with spinal disorders. They have created a “Spine Innovation Engine” that yields better and more refined products so patients can resume their lives as soon as possible. With over 100 people powering their development efforts, the company believes that innovation can take many forms, from solutions that integrate advanced biomechanics with less anatomically disruptive implant designs to instrumentation that speeds routine procedures. They attended the Conference recruiting for sales positions.
- Around the world, this company’s clients are focused on growth, driving value for stakeholders while navigating an increasingly complex world and managing risks. As the needs of their clients change, so does the firm’s service offerings. They are global experts in being able to look at the world through the eyes of their clients, anticipating and listening to their business needs and helping them solve problems and capitalize on the opportunities that new technologies and an increasingly interconnected world bring. They are working to help their clients on some of the most challenging issues of the times. The firm helped 419 (84%) of the companies on the FORTUNE 500. They also worked with over 100,000 entrepreneurial and private businesses. They invest over $100 million every year in developing and training their employees. They attended the Conference recruiting for consulting positions.
- A trusted global supplier of innovative wafer fabrication equipment and services to the semiconductor industry. Their customers are the most successful semiconductor companies in the world to include Intel, Samsung, Micron, TSMC, Global Foundries, Toshiba, SK Hynix, Texas Instruments, and Broadcom, developing some of the most advanced semiconductors. Their broad portfolio of market-leading atomic layer deposition, etch, and clean solutions helps customers achieve success on the wafer by enabling device features that are 1,000 times smaller than a grain of sand, resulting in smaller, faster, more powerful, and more power-efficient chips and electronics. Through collaboration, continuous innovation, and delivering on commitments, Lam is transforming atomic-scale engineering and enabling its customers to shape the future of technology.
- And many more……….
If you are interested in exploring your options and seeing how Cameron-Brooks could assist you in your career search just like our January Career Conference candidates, check out the link below for our upcoming base visits in your area: