January 2014 Career Conference Results
We just completed our first Career Conference of 2014 and are already busy preparing for the follow-up interview process. 54 candidates and 15 spouses and support team members attended the Conference, and all candidates have companies pursuing them into the follow-up process. The candidates interviewed with an average of 12.7 companies and averaged 9 companies pursuing them for a 68% pursuit rate and they all worked very hard leading up to and during the Career Conference that led to such great results. Additionally, our thoughts are with all of our candidates and client companies that they were able to return home safely and on time, given the severe weather conditions that have struck much of the country.
At the January 2014 Career Conference, over 30 distinct companies attended but several companies had multiple divisions attend and there was an average of nearly 2 openings per candidate. The size of the companies attending our January Career Conference varied from several companies with 20+ employees to a company with over 200,000 employees worldwide. There were privately held companies represented, as well as some of the largest companies on the FORTUNE 500 list. Industries included Oil & Gas Exploration and Refining, Medical Device, Building Materials, Telecommunications, Consulting, Industrial, Consumer Products, and more.
Some of the various locations represented included New York City, Washington D.C., Cleveland, Los Angeles, Detroit, Syracuse, Philadelphia, Houston, Phoenix, Kansas City, Tampa, San Francisco, Milwaukee, Saint Paul, Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Atlanta, Nashville, New Orleans, Saint Louis, Philadelphia, Chicago, and more. The list of client companies at the January Conference included the following:
- A leading global supplier/distributor of communications and security products, electrical and electronic wire and cable, fasteners and other small components for over 100,000 customers in 50+ countries. Customers from around the world in a variety of industries such as wind farms, data centers, government organizations, automotive production lines, and more rely on this company for their superior product offerings, technical expertise, and supply chain solutions. The company maintains 450,000 products in $1 billion of global inventory to provide their customers with just-in-time delivery, the latest technologies and the most dependable product expertise. They attended the January Conference looking for top JMO talent for sales and team leadership opportunities.
- A U.S-based consulting firm specializing in business continuity strategy design, development, implementation, and long-term program maintenance. Founded in 2005 and based in Cleveland, OH, this company focuses exclusively on helping organizations build and improve business continuity programs. The company’s clients are among the largest in the U.S. to include the world’s largest automobile manufacturer, the country’s largest retailer, and the largest healthcare company in the U.S. The organization prides itself on building strong relationships with its clients and becoming a long-term resource and partner. They have attended conferences in the past recruiting for various consultant positions.
- A FORTUNE 500 company who is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of medical devices for international medical specialties around the globe. With 26 manufacturing, distribution, and technology centers worldwide the company produces more than 13,000 products in 45 different countries. A long-standing client of Cameron-Brooks, they regularly attend Career Conferences recruiting for various sales, engineering, and manufacturing opportunities. The company attended this conference recruiting for various marketing and sales positions.
- The world’s largest provider of air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration solutions. This company has a legacy of innovation developing environmentally sound products to meet customers’ needs. From the Mt. Vernon home of George Washington, to opera houses and airports around the world, to subway systems and universities, this company’s products can be found delivering high quality, energy efficient HVAC solutions. Whether in the U.S. or in 172 countries around the globe, this company’s products add value to wherever people work, live, or play from private residences and apartments to grand hotels, from sprawling factories to soaring office towers, from theme parks to centuries-old cultural centers. They have routinely attended Career Conferences recruiting for various engineering and business development roles.
- A global leader in the design, manufacture, and service of state-of-the-art compression systems to the energy, oil, natural gas, and chemical industries worldwide. With industry roots that stretch back 40 years including fielding millions of horsepower of compression systems, this company has amassed industry-leading knowledge vital for upstream, midstream, and downstream compression applications. The company provides end-to-end total product support including design, fabrication, testing, start-up, maintenance, technical support, and training for reciprocating and rotary screw compression equipment ranging from 150 to 10,000+ horsepower. They attended the January Career Conference recruiting for various project engineer positions.
- The nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. The company was founded in 1968 and was one of the nation’s first hospital companies. Today, they own and operate 165 hospitals, 110+ free standing surgical centers, and 129 other Ambulatory Centers throughout the U.S. and United Kingdom, and provide approximately 4-5% of all inpatient care delivered in the U.S. They have attended Career Conferences in the past two years recruiting for a variety of leadership and project management positions.
All of us at Cameron-Brooks offer our congratulations to the candidates on taking their first steps towards their new career in Corporate America.