August 2017 Career Conference Results
The fourth Cameron-Brooks Career Conference of 2017 is now in the books and we are now in full swing coordinating follow up interviews for the candidates and client companies, many of whom will be traveling as early as this next week. It was once again a very productive Career Conference with over 475 interviews conducted in two days and an average of 12.3 interviews per candidate. The pursuit rate for this Career Conference was over 62%, which is defined as the number of interviews in which the candidates achieved success divided by the total number of their interviews. Achieving success in an interview at the Career Conference simply means the companies expressed interest in moving forward in the interview process with the candidate. So, for this Conference, the candidates converted 7.6 of those 12.3 interviews into a successful interview.
There were 25+ distinct companies that attended but several companies had multiple divisions attend. Additionally, there were new companies attending in addition to some long standing Cameron-Brooks client companies. The size of the companies attending varied from several smaller privately held companies to the largest company on the most recent FORTUNE 500 list.
Some of the client companies represented at the August Career Conference included the following:
- One of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with their customers,they are driven to make healthcare better. The company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine, which helps improve patient and hospital outcomes. Seventy-five years of innovation have led this company to deliver 60,000+ products in 100+ countries around the world. They attended the Conference recruiting for a variety of development candidate roles in manufacturing, engineering, marketing, supply chain and sales.
- A leading leadership advisory firm with more than 400 consultants based in 47 offices worldwide. The firm works closely with public and private companies/organizations to assess and recruit senior executives and board members to drive long-term growth and success. Their in-depth knowledge of major industries and their clients’ specific business challenges, combined with over 45 years of experience in understanding who and what makes an effective leader, ensure that their clients secure the best leadership teams for the ongoing success of their businesses and helps them mitigate the risks associated with senior-level appointments. They attended the Conference recruiting for consulting and business analysis positions.
- The world’s largest device support and technology protection company serving over 300 million customers annually. For the past 20 years, this company has helped people across the globe balance the interdependency between life and technology. Today, as the industry-defining leader of technology solutions, they ensure 290 million consumers’ devices and appliances stay online and on the job in this fast-moving, tech-driven world. They ensures technology and people are harmonious and their life is in balance. They do this across the digitally connected globe by speaking six languages and by working across any device, platform or provider. They attended the Conference recruiting for business analysis and project management roles.
- This company develops, constructs, owns and operates wind farms throughout North America. Based in Houston, TX with 31 wind farms and over 10 offices across the United States and Canada, they has developed more than 4,200 megawatts (MW) and operates over 4,000 MW of wind farms. Renewable power triggers high returns for the domestic economy by generating local added value and job creation, while contributing to mitigating climate change effects. The benefits for the energy system are also significant as renewable energy helps reduce expensive fuel import bills while improving energy security and reducing energy prices. They attended the August Conference recruiting for a variety of development candidate roles in operations, engineering, and logistics/procurement.
- A global leader in the professional services industry that helps companies in businesses across all industries – from emerging growth companies to global powerhouses – identify and capitalize on business opportunities. Their more than 230,000 people in 150 countries worldwide can implement a broad array of solutions in audit, tax, transactions, IT security, enterprise risk management, valuation, and other critical business-performance issues. They are consistently listed on FORTUNE Magazine’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” and Working Mother Magazine’s list of “100 Best Companies for Working Mothers.” They have been ranked #1 in Business Week’s “Best Places to Launch Your Career.” They attended the Conference recruiting for a variety of consulting positions.
- The largest publicly traded international oil and gas company, uses technology and innovation to help meet the world’s growing energy needs. They hold an industry-leading inventory of resources and are one of the world’s largest integrated refiners, marketers of petroleum products and chemical manufacturers. They are the industry leader in each of their core businesses with an unmatched portfolio of proprietary technologies aimed at world-class scale and efficiency. The company conducts business in almost 200 countries and territories around the globe and has a resource base of more than 91 billion oil-equivalent barrels. They attended the Conference recruiting for a variety of engineering project management roles.
- And many more……….
If you are interested in exploring your options and seeing how Cameron-Brooks could assist you in your career search just like our August Career Conference candidates, check out the link below for our upcoming base visits in your area: