April 2018 Career Conference Results
The second Career Conference of 2018 is now in the books and we are now in the process of coordinating follow-up interviews where many candidates will be traveling as early as Monday of next week. This past Monday and Tuesday, we conducted over 700 interviews with an average of 12.8 interviews per candidate. The pursuit rate for the April Career Conference was just over 64%, which is defined as the number of interviews in which the candidates achieved success divided by the total number of their interviews. Achieving success in an interview at the Career Conference simply means the companies expressed interest in moving forward in the interview process with the candidate. So, for this Conference, the candidates converted 8.2 of those 12.8 interviews into a successful interview.
There were 38 distinct companies that attended but many companies had multiple divisions attend. Additionally, there were 9 new companies attending in addition to some companies we have been partnered with for decades. The size of the companies attending varied from several smaller privately held companies to the some of the largest companies on the most recent FORTUNE 500 list.
Some of the client companies represented at the April Career Conference included the following:
- A global management consulting firm for predominantly FORTUNE 500 companies specializing in sales and marketing strategy, operations and execution. They are recognized for their expertise in go-to-market and commercial strategies and its downstream implementation capabilties. They help their client in 3 broad categories: customer focus and growth strategy, commercial strategy, and marketing and sales operations. They were named by Consulting magazine as one of the “Best Firms to Work For” in 2017. They attended the Conference recruiting for consulting positions.
- A global leader in medical technology – alleviating pain, restoring health, and extending the life for people with chronic conditions around the world. Each year, 70 million people benefit from this company’s technologies. They are organized into 4 business groups: Minimally Invasive Therapies, Cardiac and Vascular Group, Restorative Therapies, and Diabetes. They attended the April Conference recruiting for sales positions.
- Starting as a small mutual fund company over 70 years ago, this company is now one of the largest financial services firms in the world serving 27 million individual customers and managing $6.8 trillion of customer assets. Their Personal Investing group provides financial planning and retirement options such as IRAs, annuities, managed accounts, etc. for millions of individual investors while their Workplace Investing group works with employers to build benefit programs for their employees, provide record keeping, investments, and servicing in defined contribution, defined benefit, health & welfare, and stock plan services. They attended the Conference recruiting for business analysis positions.
- The top selling tire brand worldwide. Dedicated to improvement of sustainable mobility, this company designs, manufactures, and sells tires for every type of vehicle. They are recognized as the leading innovator in the tire industry and manufactures tires for virtually every category in the tire market to include tires for passenger and light trucks, heavy duty trucks, recreational vehicles, earthmovers, agricultural equipment, aircraft and bicycles. They attended the Conference recruiting for sales, manufacturing team leadership and engineering roles and their Global Leadership Development program.
- A leading equipment and service provider for the electric utility, telecommunications and contractor markets. They company provides products and services in over 100 countries throughout the world. They offer the most complete line of equipment in the industry and includes aerial vehicles, cable handling equipment, digger derricks, etc. They attended the Conference recruiting for manufacturing team leadership roles, project management roles and sales positions.
- And many more……….
If you are interested in exploring your options and seeing how Cameron-Brooks could assist you in your career search just like our April Career Conference candidates, check out the link below for our upcoming base visits in your area: